Maintaining a healthy lifestyle becomes harder and harder in our increasingly busy lives. And in the age of mobile devices, everything seems even more sped up.
For the last couple days of WellnessFX’s Be Your Best Self Pledge, we’re challenging you to use these gadgets to your health advantage. Turn your procrastination-station or work-a-holic generator into a tool for longevity, energy, and overall health.
Listed below you’ll find some of our favorite health apps for your mobile device. From emergencies to recipes to planning that morning workout, there’s something for everyone!
- Sleep Cycle – This alarm clock uses the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movement to determine your sleep phases and wake you at the best time.
- WellnessFX – Review your results. Peruse your practitioner recommendations. Create and keep track of your results. Take control of your health with WellnessFX by adding new goals to help develop and maintain healthy habits.
- Superfood HD – Discover superfoods, and recipes to utilize them.
- Calorie Counter – Track your daily food consumption with this 515,000-food database.
- Fooducate – See how your favorite foods score! This app automatically grades (A-, B+, C, etc…) products by using a scientific algorithm based on its nutrition facts and ingredient list.
- Lose it! – Set up a personalized weight loss plan, connect the latest apps and devices, and start losing weight.
- Gain Fitness – Get workouts and plans-matched to your fitness level, goals and time constraints-instantly, from the convenience of your mobile device.
- Pocket Yoga – A yoga instructor in the palm of your hand!
- Fitness Buddy – 1000+ exercises, 45+ tailored workouts, 3000+ retina display images make this a packed fitness journal app!
- FitnessBuilder Plus – Access 800+ workouts and a personal trainer to reach fitness needs & goals.
- Nike Training – Sign up to Nike Training Club to get your own personal trainer, anytime, anywhere.
- Teemo: The Fitness Adventure Game – This game is designed to help you find the time to work out and increase your overall fitness, all while having fun with a team of friends.
- Fitness Trainer – Designed to be the only tool you need other than yourself in the gym or at home.
- Authentic Yoga with Deepak Chopra and Tara Styles – Suitable for all levels, and includes poses and routines for developing strength, balance, and flexibility.
- Health and Medicine: WebMD – Browse slide shows, read articles, and find the answers to your health and wellness questions.
- Pocket Pharmacist – An easy-to-use drug informational app.
- The Merck Manual Home Edition – Based on the entire Merck Manual Home Health Handbook, the trusted medical reference written by more than 300 worldwide medical experts.
- Heartwise Blood Pressure Tracker – Quickly record and keep track of your blood pressure, resting heart rate, and weight.
- First Aid by American Red Cross – Access expert advice for everyday emergencies with videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice.
- MyWOD – Track CrossFit workouts and progress.
The posts on this blog are for information only, and are not intended to substitute for a doctor-patient or other healthcare professional-patient relationship nor do they constitute medical or healthcare advice of any kind. Any information in these posts should not be acted upon without consideration of primary source material and professional input from one’s own healthcare professionals.
Fitness and Wellness Insurance – Philadelphia Insurance … In its beginnings, the Maguire Insurance Agency specialized in automobile insurance products. … Fitness and Wellness Insurance Program.
Fitness for Life, Sixth Edition, is the award-winning text that continues to set the standard for teaching personal fitness (fitness education) at the high school level. It will help students become physically literate individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity. This classic, evidence-based book will guide students in becoming informed consumers on matters related to lifelong physical activity and fitness, taking responsibility for setting individualized goals, and making their own plans for active living. To accomplish this overarching goal, they learn a variety of self-management skills, including self assessment. The program is based on established educational theory as outlined in the online teacher’s guide.
Fitness for Life, Sixth Edition, helps students in these ways:
* Become physically literate individuals as defined by SHAPE America.
* Meet the national, state, and local grade-level standards and outcomes developed by SHAPE America for physical education and fitness education.
* Meet college and career readiness standards by learning and using critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
* Meet national physical activity guidelines of the USDHHS, exercise prescription guidelines of ACSM, and health goals of Healthy People 2020.
* Use the HELP philosophy of promoting health for everyone with an emphasis on lifetime activity and healthy lifestyles designed to meet personal needs.
* Use the Stairway to Lifetime Fitness concept, created by author Chuck Corbin, to encourage higher-order learning (move from dependence to independence).
* Use the Physical Activity Pyramid, created by the authors, to help students understand the FITT formula and benefits of the major types of physical activities.
* Become informed consumers on matters related to lifelong physical activity and fitness and other healthy lifestyles (e.g., good nutrition and stress management).
* Learn self-management skills that lead to adopting healthy lifestyles.
* Perform self-assessments, including all tests in the Fitnessgram battery and the Presidential Youth Fitness Program.
* Take personal responsibility for setting individualized goals and personal program planning.
* Develop a love for lifetime fitness activities.
* Benefit from the expertise of internationally renowned authors and educators Charles B. ‘Chuck’ Corbin and Guy C. Le Masurier and contributing author and educator Karen McConnell.
Through Fitness for Life, Sixth Edition, students will be able to do the following:
* Assess their own fitness and other health and wellness factors to determine personal needs and assess progress resulting from healthy lifestyle planning
* Use Taking Charge and Self-Management features to learn self-management skills (e.g., goals setting, self-monitoring, self-planning) for adopting healthy lifestyles.
* Learn key concepts and principles, higher-order information, and critical thinking skills that provide the basis for sound decision making and personal planning.
* Do reading and writing assignments as well as calculations that foster college and career readiness.
* Try out activities that are supported by lesson plans offered in the teacher web resources and that can help students be fit and active throughout their lives.
* Take part in real-life activities that show how new information is generated by using the scientific method.
* Become aware of and use technology to learn new information about fitness, health, and wellness and learn to discern fact from fiction.
* Use the web and the unique web icon feature to connect to relevant and expanded content for essential topics in the student web resource.
* Use other features such as fitness quotes, consumer corner, Fit Facts, and special exercise features (including exercise and self-assessment videos) that promote higher-order learning.
* Use the chapter-ending review questions to test their understanding of the concepts and use critical thinking and project assignments to meet educational standards, including college and career readiness standards.
Made in the USA.
GARDNER – The Fitness & Wellness Center at Mount Wachusett Community College is offering a softball clinic for girls ~ ages 8 to 14 ~ beginning March 6. The fourweek series will be directed by Galaxy U14 and U18 coaches, and will cover the fundamentals of hitting, fielding, base running and pitching in the game of women’s softball. The clinic will take place Sundays ~ March 6, 13, 20 and 27 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Cost is $70 for the series, and MWCC Fitness Center members will receive a 10 percent discount. Enrollment is limited. For information or to register, call (978) 630-9212.
The first experience of Sahaja Yoga meditation is called Self Realisation. With Sahaja Yoga Meditation we generally sit on chairs to achieve Yoga, effortlessly & spontaneously. As such no Asanas (exercises) are required, no mat or special clothing.
Meditation is a state of mental silence or rest, where our attention is aware, but not engrossed in thinking. It is known as ‘thoughtless awareness’. It is achieved when the indwelling Kundalini energy awakens and carries the individual attention beyond the level of the 6th chakra, into the seventh chakra, known as Sahasrara.
It is here we achieve Yoga! As the mind finds rest and silence, we become able to feel our inner Self (Spirit). This can be tangibly felt, it actually manifests, as a cool wind, breath or breeze, often experienced on the palms of the hands or at the top (crown) of the head. It is a spontaneous, effortless natural happening.
Each week many people experience this actualisation at one of the many free meditation classes on offer.
You can join a class in any of the following – Free Meditation Classes in London
Want to experience it now – Experience Self Realisation now – Guided Meditation
Queens Speech mentions Meditation – A Time to Reflect
You can also – Register to receive the Sahaj eNewsletter
Keep up to date with our latest news, events and dates for Special One Day Retreats by registering to receive our eNewsletter- there are 4-6 issues per year. Register to receive the Sahaj eNewsletter
Mother nature’s meditation road map.
Mother nature meditation road map. Mother nature has placed inside us a complex energetic system that we can simplify as three main energetic channels and seven main energetic centres, known as Chakras, as you can see in the image. Each chakra governs different qualities. Hence the state of these centres determines the quality of our life: if they are awakened and in balance, then we live in harmony and serenity. So necessarily, finding that balance becomes a target for those who want to experience a life of self knowledge and inner balance.
How to get into balance?
The secret of the Sahaja Yoga method resides within us, at the base of the spinal chord, in a triangular bone called the ‘sacrum bone’. Since our birth in our sacrum bone dwells an inner energy called in Sanskrit Kundalini; it is characterised as a feminine energy and once activated, this energy rises along our spine until it reaches the top of the head and finally connects with the universal energy. This union is called ‘yoga’ in Sanskrit.
As our indwelling Kundalini rises through the central channel, this benevolent feminine energy activates the chakras, removing all the impurities from them and nourishing the entire inner system. It is through this happening that we are elevated into ‘thoughtless awareness’, the mental silence of true meditation.
You are welcome to drop into one of our London Meditation classes – free weekly meetings at Free Meditation Classes in London
Simply watch this video Experience Self Realisation now – Guided Meditation and you will see how easy it is to feel a gentle soothing cool energy above your head – which is your own!